Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#22 Ebooks & #23 Audiobooks

Ebooks and audio books both have a place in education as they can allow teachers to differentiate by providing another way of sharing information!

Audio books are great for long drives! Audio books have been used in education for a while now.

Isn't Kindle a tool for downloading ebooks? Amazon is banking on ebooks as the next big thing. I think they have 90000+ titles to choose from and are building their collection. I can see me using something like kindle because you can store a lot of books in it.

Right now I think that there are some issues regarding International Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights for ebooks (with the EU) that I think need to be ironed out but once they are addressed, then I think ebooks will be used mainly when reading for pleasure. I think that an interactive tool will need to be developed before students can use ebooks like they would normally use a textbook. One such tool - Kindle failed to win students over during a recent test at Princeton University.







No comments:

Post a Comment